Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chapter Three: Date Crash

     “Hi, Priscilla,” I say on the phone. I'm on break and I got the chance to call.
     “Whaaaaaazzzzuuuuuuuuuuup?” Priscilla asks. I imagine her tongue hanging out of her mouth as she says it. I giggle.
     “Not a lot,” I simply reply. I don't want to tell her just yet. I want to build up to it.
     “Any weirdos in the store today?”
     “Not anymore than usual, besides we already agreed if there was anyone particularly peculiar then I would take a picture and send it to you.”
     “It's been a while since you sent one.” Priscilla sounds slightly disappointed. “Oh, you know our neighbor?”
     “Which one?”
     “Lavern.”
     “Yeah, what about her.”
     “She came up to the door today.”
     “What happened this time?”
     “She pounded on the door, I opened it and there she was; stark. Naked.” I could hear the emphases on the last two words and the amusement in Priscilla's voice.
     “No way,” I whispered.
     “Yes way, she said she stepped outside of her apartment for a second and the guy she had over shut the door and locked it.” Priscilla burst in to giggles.
      “Wait, she went outside while naked?”
     “This is Lavern we're talking about I wouldn't put it past her.”
     “What happened after that?”
     “She asked me if I had an ax.” Priscilla said matter-of-factly.
     “What was she planning to do with the ax?”
     “She was going to break into her apartment all Jack Nicholas, in The Shining style.”
     “HAHAHAHAHA,” I laughed “Did she?”
     “We don't have an ax, unfortunately” Priscilla said sadly. “She went on to the next neighbor. He was able to break into the door, I didn't stick around to see what happened after that.”
     “And she was naked the whole time,” I chuckled “I would have paid money to have seen that.”
     “You should have been here it was great.” Priscilla laughed.
     “I wish I was.” I said jealously.
     “Why did you call anyway?”
     “I was wondering how your article on Mr. Kawaii is going?”
     “It's going great! I'm almost done with it,” Priscilla said excitedly.
     “Well I have something important to tell you.” I say drawing the words out slowly.
     “What? You got fired?” Priscilla said. I could hear the horror in her voice.
     “No, Mr. Kawaii stopped by.”
     “WHAT?!?” Priscilla yells into the phone. I had to hold the phone away from my ear.
     “He said he'll let you, us take pictures of him.” I say calmly.
   




      “NO WAY, WHEN DID HE STOP BY? WHAT DID HE SAY? DID HE BUY ANYTHING? I
MUST KNOW EVERYTHING SHANNON. PLEASE TELL ME ALL THAT HAPPENED!!!” Priscilla yells. I hold the phone as far away from my face as possible. I was wrong when I thought she would be excited, she's beyond excited. She's either obsessed, or ecstatic. I'm not sure which, maybe both. I bet she's kicking herself over the fact that she missed the meeting with him.
     “I can't tell you everything right now. My break is almost over”
     “You can't leave me hanging like this, Shannon. Did you get his phone number?”
     “Yeah, he gave me his card  it has his number on it.”
     “SQUEEEEEEEE, His business card with his number?” Priscilla squeals excitedly.
     “Yeah, he told me to call him and he'll let us know when and where.”
     “Oh my! I'll have to get my camera, and I need to find an extra battery for it, make sure its charged, get a memory stick and... what will I wear? Oh my goodness, What am I going to wear?” Priscilla rambles.
     “Priscilla?” I ask not sure if I'll get through to her or not.
      “Yeah?” Priscilla says pausing for a second.
     “I have to go. My break is over and I need to finish my shift. I'll talk to you about it some more when I get home.”
      “Oh, ok,” Priscilla says sounding distracted.
     “Bye Nay Nay.”
     “Bye Shay Shay,”She says distantly. I hand up the phone and clock back in at the computer.


     I pull up to the apartment and there are three police cars. I see a couple of police standing by Lavern's apartment, I also see a couple of guys holding cameras with COPS written diagonally across their shirts. Looks like we'll get to find out what happened to Lavern after all, amused I think to myself.
I walk up to my apartment and let myself in.
     “Tell me what happened, what did Yoshi say? What was he wearing? You must give me every single detail!” Priscilla said practically attacking me at the door.
     “Did you see the police outside?” I ask avoiding her questions.
     “Yeah, yeah I saw, tell me about Yoshi,” Priscilla said hurriedly.
     “Did you know they're filming for the cops show? Lavern is going to be a local celebrity after it airs.” I say smiling, knowing it's driving Priscilla crazy.
     “I honestly don't care right now. I WANT to know about Yoshi!” She almost yells at me.
     “Fine,” I say relenting. “He walked in he asked for fuzzy, furry things, he bought fuzzy handcuff, dice, and a lingerie outfit with faux fur around the edges. He asked if you were feeling better and he asked how the article was going. He said he was glad I got to interview him and I told him you were fine, that you were almost done with the article and that you wish you could have gotten pictures of him. He gave me his card and told me to call him. Then he left. That was it in a nutshell.”
     “He asked about me?” Priscilla said with a dreamy look on her face.
     “Yeah, he did, I think he was just being polite.” I say dragging her back to reality.
     “You should call him, I want to know when and where we're meeting him.” She says enthusiastically.
     “Okay,” I say as I pull out his card and dial the number on my phone.






     The phone on the other end rings once, twice, three, four, five times and then goes to voice mail typical, I think to myself. What was I expecting? Him to pick up the phone in the first couple of rings? How unrealistic. I hear a beep signaling for me to leave a message. I quickly leave my name, number and what I'm calling about and hang up.
     “Well?” Priscilla asks excitement and anticipation on her face.
     “He didn't answer, I left a voice message.” I say and walk past her to my room. I close the door to my room and think about my meeting with Yoshi and when I saw him at the store. I think of his smile and how dazzling it was. I smile at the memory. He really wasn't bad looking. He's sort of attractive and that smile is so dazzling. I feel myself getting heated. I lock my door and then reach between the box spring and the mattress and retrieve my vibrator. I smile at my vibrator as if it's an old friend, and really it kind of is. It has never let me down. I run my finger down the side of my neon pink screaming O 3500 with realistic movement. I giggle just a little bit anticipating the feel of it around and inside of me. I take off my pants and underwear, then pull the covers up over my exposed legs. I turn it on to the lowest setting of vibration and gently place it on my clitoris. I close my eyes as I enjoy the vibration letting it become the only sensation that I feel. I turn the vibration up a little bit more and slide the vibrator into my wet vagina, I leave it there for a minute getting used to the pulse and vibration, then I turn the vibration up more and slide the vibrator in and out. I revel in the feel letting the stress go. I slide the vibrator up to my clitoris and rub my clitoris for a little bit. I then angle the vibrator where it is stimulating my clitoris and sliding in and out of me at the same time. I feel myself being to let go and I move my hips in rhythm, I'm about to unleash when my phone rings next to me. I recognize the number from the one time I dialed it. It's Yoshiyuki Kawaii. Crap, I was so close! I think My hands are shaking and I turn the vibrator off. “Hello?” I say almost breathless.
     “Hi, Ms. Bubble?” He asks uncertainly.
     “Yeah,” I say still trying to regain my breath, my hands still shaking.
     “Did I interrupt something?” He says sounding amused.
     “Um, N-no you didn’t,” I say trying to hide my embarrassment. 
    “I would have hated to have interrupted you masturbating or something.” I can hear the smile behind his voice.
     “What are you doing stalking me?” I ask before thinking giving myself away completely.
     “No, I was just joking, I didn't actually... you weren't actually...? He trails off
     “I was joking too, come on, do you really think?”
      “No, no, um, wow this is awkward, You wanted to know about the pictures right?” He says sounding relived, and embarrassed all at once. 
     “Yeah, Priscilla is ecstatic and wants to know all the details.” Good, I think, the conversation is moving forward.
     “Can you both meet me tomorrow, my office building, at 1pm come up to floor 'M' please.” He says business like.
     “Sure, that sounds great,” I say smiling.
     “Wonderful, I'll see you then.” He says and hangs up. I hang up the phone on my end. I'm too startled to pick up where I left off. I look at my vibrator disappointed that I didn't get to finish. Perhaps another time I say to it. I take it into the bathroom, clean it off then replace it back in between the mattresses. I put my underwear and pants back on, then straighten my hair. I double check that I look somewhat presentable then go into the living room. I still feel odd that I was caught mid masturbation, I hope it doesn't show on my face. I would hate to give that detail away to Priscilla.





     Priscilla is sitting on the couch watching TV. I sit down next to her. “Mr. Kawaii, just called.” I say causally.
     Priscilla's eyes widen, “He did? What did he say?” She says beginning to bounce up and down.
     “He says that he wants us to meet him at his building tomorrow at one on floor 'm.'” I say simply.
    “Floor 'M?'” Priscilla asks confused.
     “Yeah, the floors go by the alphabet and not numbers.”
     “How weird,” She says. “What should I wear?”
     “Wear something cute,” I say giving her a little smile.
     “But I don't have anything cute.” She says frowning.
     “I'm sure you do. C'mon I'll help you look.” I get up and she smiles up at me.
     “Thanks,” She says and we head off to her closet.
     We look though her clothes. She has way more than I do and we find a green tutu skirt, white leggins with yellow and pink going up the sides in an argyle design, a white top with red and blue polka dots, the sleeves are three quarter and her shirt shows a little of her tummy between her skirt and the hem of her shirt. We found rainbow suspenders for her to wear with her outfit and bright orange chucks.
     “I look so cute,” Priscilla says walking back and forth in front of her floor length mirror. “I hope Mr. Kawaii likes my outfit.” She says wistfully.
     “I'm sure he will, I give her a grin.” Owe, my eyes, I think to myself. Is this really considered cute? I wonder. 
     “What are you going to wear?” She asks me pausing for a moment to play with her hair, holding it up in various ways trying to figure out which way looks best.
     “The same thing I wore for the meeting.” I say simply. There was no use in getting flustered trying to find something better to wear, I thought to myself. Besides he thought I was cute. I smile.
     I leave Priscilla to parade in front of the mirror and work out the rest of her outfit. I go to the computer and turn it on and resume my studies for my GED.


     The next day I wake up two hours before the photo shoot. It's my day off and I took advantage by sleeping in. Bleary eyed, I stumble out of bed and walk into my bathroom, jump at my image in the mirror again, and turn on the lights. I undress, shower, put on my old school uniform, pull my hair into pig tails and go to the kitchen. Priscilla is already up and dressed. She is cooking pancakes and eggs. She's somehow managed to put rainbows on her eyelids complete with clouds and little rain drops splashing down the sides of her face. Her lips are purple and her hair is pulled up to the very top of her head and spills down around her head like a hair fountain.
     “What do you think,” She asks me wearing a proud smile.
     Like a clown, my inner bitch chuckles, “You look, um interesting,” I say out loud giving a reassuring smile.
     “Oh, no! Do you think it’s too much?” She says with disappointment.
     Yes! In fact it's so much I don't want to be seen with you in public, my inner bitch says. “No,” I say out loud. “You look fantastic. I'm sure Mr. Kawaii won't be able to keep his eyes off of you.” Because you look like a freak! My inner bitch adds.
     “You think so?” She asks looking hopeful.
     “I know so.” I reassure. 





     We arrive outside of “All Things Kawaii” Shortly before 1pm. At least we're on time, I think to myself. We walk into the lobby, Priscilla wobbles a little on the squishy floors. She looks around. “I see what you mean about the walls.” I nod back at her. “May I help you?” The receptionist asks in her incredibly high voice. “No, we know where we're going.'' I say as we stride towards the elevator. I push the button, it lights up pink and the doors open. We walk inside and I press the 'm' button, it lights up yellow. The elevator rides smoothly up, the doors open with a ding and we step out. On the walls are paintings of a clown with red hair, a purple monster, a person with a mask on and black and white strips cover his body, and a hand burger wearing a police uniform.
     “What in the world?” I ask as I walk through the hallway.
     “Mr. Kawaii, collects things.” Priscilla says in awe. A room opens up to our right and there is Mr. Kawaii standing between a life size plastic clown and a life size plastic purple monster.
     “Welcome,” He says looking me up and down and glancing at Priscilla.
     “Hi,” I reply shyly.
     “Hi Mr. Kawaii,” Priscilla says enthusiastically. “It's so great to meet you, I listened to your interview over and over, and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to take some pictures.” She says bubbling. 
     “The pleasure is all mine,” Mr. Kawaii says grinning. “Where do you want me?” He asks Priscilla.
      “Over here,” Says Priscilla indicating a purple chaise, set up at the end of the room.
     I watch Priscilla take picture after picture of Yoshi. He poses in a different way each time. In a couple of the shots he stands next to the clown and the purple monster. He's definitely odd, I think to myself, but he's cute, maybe even hot, but definitely cute. He give Priscilla his dazzling smile, I smile as I look at him. Priscilla ends the shoot and starts to put up her camera. Mr. Kawaii walks towards me.
     “I was wondering if you would like to have a bite to eat?” He asks in a hushed voice.
     “Um, sure,” I say uncertainly.
     “Yes!” He says while making a fist and bringing his arm towards him. He turns and walks towards Priscilla. “I was just talking to Ms. Bubble about going to lunch. I hope you don't mind.” He says grinning at her.
    “I don't mind at all where are we going for lunch?” She asks smiling big.
     “Um, well, er,” Mr. Kawaii shifts uncomfortably.  “A little quite restaurant that I know of, my treat.” He says sounding slightly defeated.
    “Oh wonderful!” Priscilla says delighted. “My stuff is all safe and secure, you ready?” She looks over at me.
    “Uh, yeah,” I say slightly confused.
     Mr. Kawaii calls his assistant, asks him to bring his car around, and we get in. Mr. Kawaii opens the back passenger door for me. “Ms Bubble” He says presenting the empty seat. “Thank you” I say as I sit.
Mr. Kawaii then opens the front passenger door “Ms. McKormic.” He says presenting the open front seat next to his assistant who's driving us. Confused, Priscilla mumbles “Thank you” and takes her seat.
Mr. Kawaii walks around the back of the car and hops into the seat next to me. We put on our seat belts, Mr. Kawaii gives his assistant an address and we're on our way. Awkward silence fills the cabin of the car. No one seems to want to break the silence. A few moments later we pull up outside of a restaurant. The outside has the same odd characters from floor 'm.' Mr. Kawaii's assistant pulls up the car by the door. Mr. Kawaii gets out then opens both mine and Priscilla's doors and we step out. We go inside the restaurant and order our food. 
    




     I manage to keep my inner fatty under control. I ordered a salad, and a water. We eat quickly in
silence. The dining area is fairly empty and there's an arcade in another room. Once we all finish Mr. Kawaii looks at us. “Want to go to the arcade?” He asks.
     “Sure,” I say with a grin
     “I'd love to,” Priscilla bubbles. We get up and walk over to the arcade.
     “OOOH!” Squeals Priscilla “A dancing game! I haven't seen one of these in a while!” My Kawaii takes out his wallet, inserts two five dollar bills into a token exchange machine and hands Priscilla the tokens. “Go as many time as you like.” He says to her. Priscilla bounces up and down excitedly and rushes over to the dancing game.
     “I've never seen her like this,” I say to Yoshi.
     “She's excitable.” He says
     “Usually she's not, I think she likes you.” I say truthfully. 
     “A lot of people like me, You know I never did ask you your name.” He says changing the subject.
What does that mean, I wonder. He doesn't like her? I wonder if he like me. “My name is Shannon.” I say after I process his question.
     “Shannon,” he says a warm smile crossing his face.  “My name is Yoshiyuki, but you can call me Yoshi, or Yuki whichever you prefer.” I liked the way he said my name. Hmm, I wonder, Yoshi or Yuki, which do I like more.
     “Yoshi? Thank you for lunch.” I say using the name I prefer.
      Yoshi smiles at me. “You're very welcome, Shannon, I didn't mean for Priscilla to come along. I wanted it to be just me and you.” He says carefully.
     “Oh?” I say.
     “I think you're cute, Shannon.” He says plainly.
     “Thank you, I think you're cute too.” I say blushing.
     “You do?” He asks raising his eyebrow.
      “Yeah, I do, I say looking down at the floor. I can feel Yoshi's eyes on me.
      “You don't like admitting it?” He asks.
      “I'm surprised I admitted it to you. I don't always say things like this so soon.” I say.
     “I like you, Shannon, but I don't know if you can like me.”
     “What do you mean?” I ask, looking into his eyes.
     “I'm not an easy person to like,” He says simply.
     “Priscilla seems to like you just fine, besides you said lots of people like you.”
     “Shannon, they like the idea of me, they don't like the real me. If they knew the real me, they wouldn't like me.” He says.
     “What's so bad about the real you?” I ask
     “Nothing, in my opinion, just not a lot of people understand.” He said sounding strained.
     “I can try to understand,” I offer.
     “No, not right now, Shannon, but maybe I'll tell you, maybe soon. I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't like you, maybe I shouldn't think you're cute.” I didn't know how to respond. I like Yoshi, but he's pushing me away, I'm temporarily lost in my thoughts.
     “I used up all the tokens,” Priscilla says out of breath.
      “Did you have fun?” Mr. Kawaii asks plastering a smile on his face that doesn't reach his eyes.

      “Yes!” Priscilla says “Thank you so much Mr. Kawaii!” She says giving him a big hug. I turn and start walking to the door. “I'm ready to go," I say coldly. Mr. Kawaii and Priscilla follow behind me.