Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 and Writing

I haven't talked much about what I'm working on so I wanted to take some time to put it all down in one nifty little place and it will do well as a reminder. With the beginning of the New Year comes new year’s goals and of course I have them as a writer. I want to write and publish as much as I can but to be honest I'm not sure how much I'll actually be able to accomplish. Because 1.)My family comes first and you never know what will happen from one minute to the next and 2.) School is very important to me. This semester I'm taking a dreaded math course that has me more stressed out than it probably should but here's the goal I'm going to commit to. I will write every day and I will publish each book that I finish. I cannot, at the time give expected dates for any of my WIPs but when they're ready to be released into the general public you all will know. Without further Ado here's what I have in the works, keep in mind most of these titles are working titles :-) I hope you're as excited as I am.

Overshadowed Hope

I'm currently working on this one and it is very close to me. It is inspired by a relative of mine and the overall premise is overcoming all the past hurts and guilt to be able to grab your dreams when they come your way. It is a love story but also a journey and I hope that is it one you will all take with Missy, the main character.

Starless

This is the title of the third book in the Swept Saga. The story will pick up where the last one left off and a few surprises will be thrown in there along with the much awaited choice between Gabriel and Ryan. Will Crystal choose your favourite guy? You'll just have to wait and see :-)

Brink

This story was so strong it caused me to wake up in the middle of the night and jot down everything that came to me in a sudden flash of inspiration. Maisy Dee is in love with the lead singer of her favourite band but he doesn't know her. She meets him after winning back stage passes and he becomes just as infatuated with her as she is with him. The real question is are they meant to be or will their relationship put them both on the brink of destruction?

Saved

This is the fourth and final book in the Swept Saga. All will be revealed in this book, the truth about Crystal, Ryan... and everyone else. This one takes place a few years into the future and will tie up all the loose ends nicely. You'll find out if Crystal is happy with her choice or has regrets and did she really choose the right one? This book will end with a finality that I hope you all will enjoy.

Red Captivity (for lack of a better title at the moment)

I started this years ago after reading Twilight. No it's not fanfiction, I promise. This follows Amanda, a girl who's fallen for a self loathing vampire named Paul. Her best friend, Lacey knows what he is, but Amanda is oblivious. In the end what happens to Paul and why do people keep disappearing, and why are there so many cremations? This dark semi-love story is the first of a trilogy.

Anyway, these five stories are what I'm going to work on this year. I don't know if I will finish all of them yet or not, I'll just have to wait and see where life takes me. When they're released I'll let you all know and I hope you all are as excited about this year as I am! I can't wait your you all to meet each cast of characters and I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed writing about them and their stories.