Friday, June 7, 2013

Getting Back into the Swing of Things.

     I'm back home after an amazing trip to England. It's been my dream to see the world, as a child my family took me and my two brothers on road trips all over the US, so of course I've been ready for a while to see what else is out there. 
     I had the privileged to visit Mexico twice, and really enjoyed my time there. But it's been years since I've left the country and visiting England was something I've been wanting to do for eight years. My husband was born there and he has family there. When we found out last year that my husband's grandfather was diagnosed with Lymphoma and undergoing chemo we knew we had to go no matter what it would cost or take. We began planning and saving for our trip. During the process my husband's grandfather got the all  clear from his doctor and his Lymphoma is gone. This put a little more pep in our plans as you can imagine. 
     Finally after months of planning and anxiety we boarded the plane and left for England. It was everything I could imagine and more. It was beautiful, quiet, cold, windy, and relaxing. It was a change of pace and I think I fell in love with the area. The best part was going to the coastal towns and walking on the pavement by the beach and seeing the ocean. I haven't seen the ocean in eight years, and now I only miss it that much more. The time spent with my husband's family was priceless and I miss them as well. 
     Our trip, however was not without it's mishaps. I happened to flood a 3 story terrace house, it was something that would have happened regardless of who was there, but it happened after I took a shower. After all of that got sorted, I had a tooth get infected and went to the dentist only to get a root canal. I had to learn how to operate the outlets (there are individual switches for each one), the shower, the TV, and the buses. It was an adventure with beautiful scenery. 
      Now I'm back and I must say I miss it all terribly. I guess you could say I have a vacation hangover. I have memories that will last me a lifetime and I can't wait to go back. Unfortunately, after returning home my laptop crashed. My hard drive stopped working and I had to get a new one. Now that I'm back up and running with everything backed up (thankfully) I'm trying to get back into the swing of writing and the routine of every day life. 

     So with that, there's a lot of stuff I'm trying to do, edit my next book, keep the ideas for the next book (not related to the saga) at bay, (until book two is done) and I will be posting a 50 shades of Grey spoof for your entertainment.

If you haven't read Swept and you would like to read the ecopy, it's 99 cents, so go check it out on amazon.