Sunday, August 17, 2014

One Week

It's been one week since you've gone
A hole is left where you once were
Sometimes I forget in the moment between asleep and awake
And all too soon the air is sucked from my lungs when I remember
We remembered your life yesterday.
It's funny, your life was more than a slide show or 12 hundred word biography
You meant so much to so many
You're in a better place
But we're still here missing you
Trying to put our lives back together without you.
I keep waiting for solace
I'm trying to find normal
But how can there be peace
When I fight to breathe during the silence?
Your gift was music
Your heart was giving
Your life was simple
You were happy
I want comfort
I want peace
I want to stop missing you
Maybe soon it will come
Maybe soon I can breathe again
Maybe soon I can find my new normal
But I will never forget you.